Kindling Neighborly Connections between People and Nature.

About Me

My photo
Rich is a nature guide and environmental educator with experience guiding in Pennsylvania and New York. He is a 2009 graduate of Penn State University's Environmental Studies program, a fully insured New York State Licensed Guide, and a Certified Interpretive Guide through the National Association for Interpretation. Rich has a passion for revealing nature's relationships and he wants to help you discover yourself in the gift, the adversity, and the wonder of wild nature.

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

I am the forest, the forest is me


 I am the forest. The forest is me.

I am the waterfall, channeled by sandstone. The waterfall is me.

I am the sandstone, carved by water. The sandstone is me.

I am the ferns, mosses, lichens and liverworts that adorn these cliffs in the waterfall’s spray zone. The ferns, mosses, lichens and liverworts are me.

Through my consumption and respiration, the same elements that make up forests, wetlands and other wild places become a part of my own vitality. For better and for worse, my own physical, mental, and emotional health and well-being is directly interdependent with the health of the ecosystems within which I live, move, and have my being.

In this case, what is true for me, is true for you, is true for all of the life on this good planet earth. How will you live in ways that help to preserve and protect the gift of wild nature both within you and around you today?

(Photo taken at Adams Falls at Ricketts Glen State Park; Luzerne County, PA)








No comments:

Post a Comment