Kindling Neighborly Connections between People and Nature.

About Me

My photo
Rich is a nature guide and environmental educator with experience guiding in Pennsylvania and New York. He is a 2009 graduate of Penn State University's Environmental Studies program, a fully insured New York State Licensed Guide, and a Certified Interpretive Guide through the National Association for Interpretation. Rich has a passion for revealing nature's relationships and he wants to help you discover yourself in the gift, the adversity, and the wonder of wild nature.

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Harebell in the Rain on Marble Mountain

If you ask me, I think rainy day hikes are some of the best. I hiked up Marble Mountain in New York’s Adirondack Park in search of a flower called Harebell and I was not disappointed. As rain dripped down all around and misty fog pressed in from all sides, I reached the Marble Mountain Vista soaking wet; equal parts rain and sweat from the exertion put into the climb. Once there I was greeted by these happy blue flowers drooping from long slender stems at an exposed rocky outcrop. I imagined they might make a good hat for a fairy.


Perhaps, like me, you revel in a good rainy day hike.



Or perhaps you can identify with the small insects I saw resting inside of a Harebell flower as if it were their umbrella.





No comments:

Post a Comment